The mission of the Westgate Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming and relaxing.
The general library goals of the Westgate Public Library shall be to:
1) serve all residents of the Westgate community and the surrounding Fayette County and Fremont Township region;
2) acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to become well-informed, locate answers to important questions, cultivate the imagination and creative expression, develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services;
3) acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand;
4) maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age;
5) strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library's customers;
6) review regularly these goals of the Westgate Public Library and, if necessary, revise them in light of new developments.